Why do people choose caravan storage?
Finding somewhere to keep your caravan can be a challenge. If you’re lucky enough to have plenty of room on your driveway then there are certainly some advantages to having it close by… unrestricted access, regular maintenance and of course you’re able to keep an eye on it. However, it will also take up a large amount of space on your driveway and statistically speaking over half of all caravans are stolen from right outside their owners houses. It’s also worth considering an eagle eyed burglar may note your caravans absence when you’re away with it leaving your home potentially vulnerable to intruders.
Using a caravan storage facility will ensure it is kept safe and damage free while you’re not using it and is definitely worth considering if you’re planning on being away from home for an extended period of time, although unless you’re fortunate enough to use your caravan all year round it’s likely to be off road for several months of the year anyway. Insurance companies are also known to look favourably upon caravans which are stored in a secure facility.
On the other hand some people are perfectly happy to store their caravan at home and are simply fed up of towing! Are you noticing the extra time it takes driving to a site when towing? Is this limiting your use of your caravan, especially for short breaks? Are you worrying about the extra wear and tear on you and your tow vehicle? Not to mention rising fuel costs…Would you like to downsize your car and running costs? Are you even thinking about giving up caravanning??…Then storage may be a solution for you…
Why do people choose The Dorset Hideaway for caravan storage?
Firstly this isn’t just any old storage facility, this is a CaSSOA Accredited Gold awarded caravan storage facility! The storage we offer is an exclusive ‘store and stay’ facility where only guests staying on the campsite can store their caravans. Our location in the heart of the beautiful unspoilt Dorset countryside is a huge draw. With an abundance of wildlife, walking, stunning scenery, peace and quiet, our on site Spa, art classes, on site food trailer, small fishing pond, not to mention the many places to visit locally…you may well be pleased to hear that the store and stay facility accounts for a minimum of 21 days being spent on site in any one year. What makes our storage facility so secure and the best choice for your peace of mind…
- All of the storage areas, yard and barn, are concrete, dry, flat and level.
- For privacy, security and protection there is a robust physical perimeter fence over 10 feet high.
- It is sited away from the campsite and under constant surveillance from our home.
- Relax in the knowledge that the entrance, gate and boundary fence are under PIR lighting on entry/exit and alarmed with CCTV.
- The storage compound has been inspected and approved by Dorset Police and The Fire Service.
- There is an electric hook up bollard available and water tap/hose – should batteries need topping up or caravans need cleaned.
- There are full movements records and access is limited to staff only.
- Rodent/vermin control is in place.
- Secure key supervision away from storage areas.
- The area is covered by public liability insurance.
- Storage contract and full terms and conditions for each vehicle.
- Damage form completed on booking.
No access is allowed to this area by members of the public including the owners of the stored caravans.
In addition to the above, our indoor storage facility…
- Allows you to arrive to a clean algae free unit.
- We can store caravans, motorhomes or boats indoors.
- The floor is flat and level for easy manoeuvring.
- The barn is gated and is under CCTV and has PIR lighting.
For guests who just want to enjoy the site through the summer and then tow their caravan home afterwards, we have summer storage available for £20 per week.
For prices, more details and booking please go to the Seasonal & Storage section of our website.